OWWDSE was established in May 2006 with Proclamation No. 66/2006 of Oromia Regional State to work as a public enterprise, which is entrusted with the responsibility to contribute to the effort being made by the public sector.
OWWDSE aspires to be center of excellence in providing technical consulting services at international level.
OWWDSE is committed to provide professional service in study, design; and contract administration and construction supervision of projects to the highest standards of quality, within the agreed timeframe and at reasonable costs through long-term partnership to the satisfaction of its clients and its employees as well as to the benefit of the public and the environment at large.
OWWDSE works to achieve holistic purposes pertinent to its mission. Currently, it is striving towards meeting the following specific or major objectives:
- To bring about a dramatic change in its endeavors;
- To accomplish its mission with possible minimum costs;
- To rise its competitive level in a rapidly changing circumstance
- To increase its profit and output to the highest level of quality;
- To satisfy its clients with the services it renders.